Viļķene St. Catherine Lutheran Church
Constructed in 1866 in the Gothic style. The church organ was constructed in 1868 and is a cultural monument of national significance.
| Address:|| Viļķene |
| GPS: ||lat: 57.608268; lon: 24.611504|
|Phone:|| +371 26187321|
Address: Viļķene parish, Viļķene
Phone: +371 64063218
In 1868. the organ was built in, it was made by August Martin(1808.-1891.). In 1875. the church was rebuilt and expanded, when additionaly built was the altar room and 2 vestries(700 seats), because there was discovered a rot in the building. The bell was casted in 1910.
It is presumed that the church hill, which is located in the center of Viļķene behind the ''Pabērzi'' house, is the place where the first church in Viļķene was located
1913.-1919. vicar Teodor Scheinflug (1862.-1919.) from the Liepupe township, killed by the Bolsheviks in 14.03.1919.
1930.-1944. Arnolds Kārlis Birznieks (born 1903. - died in the USA)