"Limbažu Felt" exhibition of historical testimony

Continuous former factory "Limbažu Felt" exhibition of historical testimony. Historical narration. Felt workshop with the opportunity to try hand felt souvenir preparation.
Limbažu Felt factory history began in 1876 when Alexander Till establish Limbažu Felt Factor.  Factory to prevent weak labor invited to Limbazi fifty workers from Moscow - Krasnagorkas Felt factories. These Krasnagorkas workers trained Limbazi workers and in the early 20. Century Limbazu Felt was one of the largest Latvian companies with 500 employees. At the beginning of 20th century, after Alexander's Tils death, Felt factory was on the verge of bankruptcy and to prevent the liquidation there were established '' Lemsalas Anonymous hat factory and warps society ". This newly created company was managed from Belgium. But the factory was not long-lived, because at the beginning of  the First World War this factory were transported to Moscow, but after the war in 1921, the company's activity is restored in Limbaži. The company changed again in 1934 when it was renamed "Belgian company" "Limbažu The mill hat factories and joint-stock company". Worth mentioning Husman chief executive, who led the company with his son. In the year 1940 Felt factory was nationalized and Husman was fired. Felt factory existence endid in 1992, when no compensation was paid for the order, but in 1996 Husman heirs purchased factory for one lats.
Mūru iela 21, Limbaži
lat: 57.51467723428244; lon: 24.71054982660082

Working hours
advance registration
Sightseeing Fee:
children - 1.00 / 1.50 EUR (with felting)
adults - 1.50 / 2.00 EUR (with felting)

Ģildes (Guild) Street

Formed in the 14th century. Lined with buildings at the end of the 18th century and in the 19th century. The house where clairvoyant Eugene Finks once lived is located on this street. The guide, leading a walk around the town also will show, where was a prison on the Ģilde street. read more ››

Center of public activities and life-long education ''Filcītis''

Address:Mūru iela 21, Limbaži
Phone:+371 29430161

Limbaži City Museum

Address: Burtnieku iela 7, Limbaži
Phone: 64070632
In the new palace of the Rīgas Rāte, built in the beginning of the 19th century, or the "Pilsmuižas pārvaldnieka" building, there is a historical exposition and exhibition halls. read more ››

Wall Paintings in the “Old-Town Hall"

Address:Burtnieku iela 4, Limbaži
Phone:+371 26351433, +371 28622379
Sign up for newsletter

© 2009-2024 Limbaži TIC. All rights reserved. »