Memorial stone to Janis Asars

The memorial stone to Jānis Asars was unveiled on 7 July 2006 at the 80th anniversary event of the town of Ainaži.
Jānis Asars was the first mayor of Ainaži. There used to be a very beautiful house and garden here, in the Asars garden. Now only the foundations of the porch remain. In 1941, several residents of Ainaži, including the Asars family, began their deportation journey to Siberia here. The house was burnt down by the Germans as they retreated in the Second World War.
Parka iela 12a, Ainaži
lat: 57.862177; lon: 24.353284


Swimming pool at Ainaži Hospital

Address:Valdemāra 46, Ainaži
Phone:28351451, 64024971
Want to swim but the sun hasn't warmed the sea water enough yet? Sign up and go for a swim in the Ainaži Hospital pool! read more ››

Firefighting Museum

Address:Valdemāra iela 69, Ainaži
Phone:+371 29213784
The museum was opened on 15 December 1991, when the firefighters celebrated their 65th anniversary. read more ››

Veide Castle

Address:Valdemāra iela 45, Ainaži
Veide Castle was built in 1902. It was built by a ship owner and captain Mārtiņš Veide -representative of the most influential family of Ainaži town at that time. The building today is one of the most visible in Ainaži.

Ainaži Lighthouse

Address:Valdemāra iela 35A, Ainaži
In Ainaži there were once three lighthouses, but nowadays only the third one remains, which still works and shows the way to the sailors. read more ››

Ainaži Naval School Museum

Address:K.Valdemāra iela 47, Ainaži
Phone:+371 64 043 349
The compact and idyllic town of Ainaži is the cradle of Latvian seafaring. In the very centre of the cradle is now the Ainaži Maritime School Museum, a witness to the glory of the old Latvian seafaring. read more ››
Sign up for newsletter

© 2009-2024 Limbaži TIC. All rights reserved. »