St. Arsenuis Orthodox Church

Ortodox Congregation began to function in Ainaži in 1889.
There always have been few representatives of Russian nationality in Ainaži town. But a long time ago the
Russian tsar promised to give land to those people who would accept ortodox
religion. And so many latvians and estonians became the members of ortodox church.
In 1893 The Riga Spiritual Consistory awarded the Ainaži parish with 24,500 rubles for
the construction of an Orthodox church, school and rectory. The church was built
during one year, from 1894 to 1895. year.
K. Valdemāra iela 63, Ainaži
lat: 57.862978; lon: 24.358837


Firefighting Museum

Address:Valdemāra iela 69, Ainaži
Phone:+371 29213784
The museum was opened on 15 December 1991, when the firefighters celebrated their 65th anniversary. read more ››

Swimming pool at Ainaži Hospital

Address:Valdemāra 46, Ainaži
Phone:28351451, 64024971
Want to swim but the sun hasn't warmed the sea water enough yet? Sign up and go for a swim in the Ainaži Hospital pool! read more ››

Veide Castle

Address:Valdemāra iela 45, Ainaži
Veide Castle was built in 1902. It was built by a ship owner and captain Mārtiņš Veide -representative of the most influential family of Ainaži town at that time. The building today is one of the most visible in Ainaži.

Ainaži Naval School Museum

Address:K.Valdemāra iela 47, Ainaži
Phone:+371 64 043 349
The compact and idyllic town of Ainaži is the cradle of Latvian seafaring. In the very centre of the cradle is now the Ainaži Maritime School Museum, a witness to the glory of the old Latvian seafaring. read more ››

Ainaži Lighthouse

Address:Valdemāra iela 35A, Ainaži
In Ainaži there were once three lighthouses, but nowadays only the third one remains, which still works and shows the way to the sailors. read more ››
Sign up for newsletter

© 2009-2024 Limbaži TIC. All rights reserved. »